Finding the right therapist can be a painstaking process. You need to make sure that you work well together and are comfortable talking with them about any issues you’re dealing with. How do you know when you’ve found an excellent therapist? These 7 signs will help you determine just that.
- They make you feel at ease.
- You feel like they are listening.
- They ask for clarification when they don’t understand what you mean.
- They don’t pretend to know everything; they say “I don’t know, but I will find out”
- They remember details from past sessions and incorporate them into your session seamlessly.
- They ask about your physical health and make sure you have a primary care doctor.
- They ask for your feedback frequently and make changes based on that feedback.
To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, contact our office today.
Live Mentally Healthy,
Dr. Jennie Byrne