I am a board-certified Psychiatrist and I treat patients with depression, anxiety , mood disorder and other mental health problems.
I trained in New York City initially and then relocated to North Carolina in 2012 to continue my training .I completed my training in Psychiatry at East Carolina University, NC. My training exposed me to a wide variety of patients from diverse backgrounds. At present, I work in an acute inpatient unit which is fulfilling and also gives me the opportunity to work with acutely sick patients who need rapid stabilization and effective transition in to their homes and communities. Working with these patients has helped me to further increase my knowledge in mental illness.
I want to work with my patients to help them heal and to help them improve their quality of life. My treatment approach includes medication management, brief supportive therapy and psychoeducation.
- General Psychiatry Residency -East Carolina University/Brody School of Medicine, NC
- General Psychiatry Internship – Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center, NY
- M.B.B.S – Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur, India
- Attending Inpatient Psychiatrist – Behavioral Health Hospital, Moses Cone Memorial Health System, Greensboro, NC
- House Officer – Videhi Medical College Hospital, India
- Resident Medical Officer – Gems Hospital, India
Professional Societies and Licenses:
- North Carolina Psychiatric Association: 2012 – Present
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology: 2016 – present
- North Carolina State Medical License: 2015 – present
- American Psychiatry Association: 2011– present